Monday 31 March 2008

The Fleeting Glance

As she greets me unexpected,
Feeble smile, enthralled, effected,
Prison from my minds own action,
Free to flee but willing capture.
From between the gaze, reflected,
Sends me flying into rapture.

What of will?
And what of dealing
With a speech that
Is unwilling?
Treasure from beyond a phrase,
Gently spoken in a gaze.

And her writing,
Bliss departure
From this world in sinful rapture
And a cage of iron molding,
For my will, a willing capture,
All my frame and all my stature.

So what dense
And hazy thrilling
Of that mind which is unwilling?
Calling forth! Alas, half wanting
The endeavor of this writing,
Undecise,but still undoubting.

2 comments:

anothem said...

Good, good. I was waiting for this poem. It took you a while... :P

Oh.. what.. You thought your thoughts can escape mine? :) HA! Nice try, mon frere, nice try. :*

Anonymous said...

This is my favourite. A very lyrical piece echoing the cadence of a heart beat. I like the compelling tempo; both luring and seductive, drawing one in. Yet there is an underlying sadness I feel - can it be that the 'Willing Capture' was all to brief and the entrapment somewhat painful?